Monday, April 27, 2009

Fred and Farmers


Construction Continues on Fred.

The leg drilling is almost 50% complete and we have started to connect the end struts. The next phase will be bending and installing the poles for the hoops followed by the “skinning” of the tunnels. “Skinning” is the term used to lay the poly over the frame. Weather permitting; Fred should be complete by May 15th.

North Pulaski Farms attended its first farmers market this Saturday at the Certified Arkansas Farmers Market in the Argenta district in North Little Rock.

Thanks to Christian Shuffield and Jody Hardin with the CAFM for letting me in on short notice. The only thing we had to sell was promises of good things to come, but we handed out flyers anyway. I got the chance to meet several other farmers and look forward to getting to know them better. Val Sviridov “The Russian Farmer” has even stopped by the farm. I welcome all the help I can get when it comes to farming, and will be happy to assist my peers with any tech knowledge I may be able to offer.

One thing is for sure, this new career of mine is putting me in very good company.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to meet you on Saturday. I'm adding your blog to my Reader so I can follow the progress - and learn with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leg drilling is goin pretty smooth.Gotta give a thanx to the crew.Couldn't do it without them.We are running into a quite a few rocks in places.We will take care of those with the electric jackhammer that should be arriving soon to the farm.Hopefully it will make short work of them.We will see.

    Haven't had an opportunity to meet Val yet looking forward to it.Its nice to know there is someone else in the area farming that we can consult with.

    Lookin forward to see this all complete. Its cool to see things moving forward.

    ReplyDelete